Shilajit, a natural mineral pitch harvested from the Himalayas, has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine for its numerous health benefits. At Stronglife, we offer a premium selection of Shilajit products, including Shilajit Resin, Shilajit Capsules and Shilajit Liquid Drops. In this article, we’ll guide you on How To Take Shilajit and include it in your wellness routine.
Understanding Shilajit and Its Benefits
Before diving into how to take shilajit, it’s crucial to understand what Shilajit is and why it’s beneficial. Shilajit contains over 85 minerals in ionic form and is rich in fulvic acid, known for its therapeutic properties. Its benefits range from boosting energy to improving cognitive functions and supporting general wellness.
How To Take Shilajit
How to Take Shilajit Resin
Shilajit resin is a concentrated form of Shilajit, often considered the most potent. Here’s how to use it effectively:
- Dose: Start with a small pea-sized amount (approximately 300-500 mg).
- Dissolution: Dissolve the resin in warm water or any other warm beverage like tea or milk.
- Consumption: Drink it on an empty stomach for better absorption.
How to Take Shilajit Drops
For those who prefer a more convenient form, Stronglife Shilajit drops are an excellent alternative:
Users less than 90kg: Take 6 drops all together or 3 drops twice daily.
Users 90-115kg: Take 8 drops together all 4 drops twice daily.
Users over 115kg: Take 10 drops together or 5 drops twice daily.
- Method: You can add these drops directly to water or any beverage or place the drops directly under your tongue.
How to Take Shilajit Capsules
For those who prefer a taste-less form, Shilajit capsules are an excellent alternative:
- Dosage: One 500mg capsule per day.
- Method: You can swallow these golden capsules with any beverage, best taken on an empty stomach.
When to Take Shilajit
The timing of taking Shilajit can influence its efficacy:
- Morning: Taking Shilajit in the morning can boost your energy levels throughout the day.
- Evening: Evening doses should be taken at least 2 hours before bedtime to avoid interference with sleep patterns.
Who Should Not Take Shilajit?
While Shilajit is generally considered safe for many people, there are certain groups who should exercise caution or avoid its use altogether. Individuals in the following categories should consult with a doctor or GP before taking Shilajit:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women: There is limited research on the safety of Shilajit during pregnancy and lactation, so it’s best to avoid it or use it under the guidance of a healthcare provider.
- People with certain medical conditions: Individuals with specific health issues, such as kidney problems, gout, or those prone to kidney stones, should consult their healthcare provider before using Shilajit, as it contains minerals that could potentially exacerbate these conditions.
- Allergies or sensitivities: If you have known allergies or sensitivities to any of the components in Shilajit, it’s advisable to avoid its use.
- Medication interactions: Shilajit may interact with certain medications. If you are taking prescription medications, especially those that affect the kidneys, it’s crucial to consult with your healthcare provider before using Shilajit.
- Children: Shilajit is generally not recommended for children. As with any supplement, it’s crucial to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for their age group.
Always consult with a doctor or an Ayurvedic practitioner before incorporating Shilajit into your routine, especially if you fall into one of the mentioned categories. They can provide personalised advice based on your health status, medications, and specific needs. It’s important to prioritise your health and safety when considering the use of any supplement.
Creative Ways to Incorporate Shilajit in Your Diet
Shilajit’s versatility makes it a valuable addition to various foods and beverages. Here are some innovative ways to include it in your daily intake:
- Morning Beverages: Start your day by dissolving Shilajit in a warm cup of herbal tea or coffee. This not only enhances the nutritional value of your beverage but also provides an energy boost.
- Smoothies and Juices: Mix Shilajit into your favorite smoothies or juices. This is an excellent way to enjoy its benefits along with a delicious taste.
- Healthy Snacks: Incorporate Shilajit into energy bars or mix it into yogurt for a nutritious snack option.
Understanding the Science Behind Shilajit
To fully appreciate Shilajit, it’s helpful to understand its scientific basis. Shilajit is rich in fulvic acid, a potent antioxidant, and contains various minerals beneficial for health. These compounds contribute to its anti-aging, cognitive-enhancing, and energy-boosting properties.
The presence of these minerals in Shilajit, such as iron, magnesium, and zinc, plays a vital role in promoting overall well-being. Iron, for example, is essential for blood production, while magnesium supports nerve and muscle function. Zinc is crucial for immunity and skin health. The synergistic effect of these minerals, combined with the fulvic acid, enhances the bioavailability of the nutrients, making Shilajit an effective supplement for improving physical and mental health.
Shilajit in Traditional Medicine
Shilajit has a long history in traditional medicine, particularly in Ayurveda. Its historical use as a rejuvenator and vitality enhancer is now supported by modern scientific research, affirming its numerous health benefits.
Complementary Supplements and Shilajit
Pairing Shilajit with other supplements can amplify its benefits. For instance, combining it with CBD products from Stronglife can enhance wellness effects, particularly in stress management and relaxation. However, always consult with a doctor before starting any new supplement combination.
Shilajit for Athletes and Fitness Enthusiasts
Athletes and fitness enthusiasts can greatly benefit from incorporating Shilajit into their regimen. Its natural compounds aid in muscle recovery, energy boost, and overall physical performance.
Sustainable Sourcing and Environmental Impact
Stronglife is committed to environmentally responsible sourcing of Shilajit. We ensure that our products are not only effective but also ethically sourced, with minimal impact on the environment.
How To Take Shilajit – Conclusion
Incorporating Shilajit into your wellness routine can significantly enhance your health and vitality. By understanding how to take shilajit, sourcing quality products, and integrating it thoughtfully into your diet and lifestyle, you can fully experience the remarkable benefits of this ancient wonder.
Explore our range of Shilajit products and join the Stronglife community in embracing a healthier, more vibrant life.
Shilajit – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Shilajit?
Shilajit is a sticky resin that oozes from rocks in mountainous regions, especially the Himalayas. It is formed over centuries by the decomposition of plant and microbial matter.
What are the key components of Shilajit?
Shilajit contains minerals, fulvic acid, humic acid, and various organic compounds. The exact composition can vary depending on its source.
How to take Shilajit?
Shilajit is typically consumed in a powdered, liquid, resin or capsule form. It can be dissolved in warm water, milk, or blended into smoothies.
What are the potential health benefits of Shilajit?
Shilajit is believed to have antioxidant properties, support energy levels, improve cognitive function, and enhance immune system function. However, more research is needed to validate these claims.
Can Shilajit boost testosterone levels?
Some studies suggest that Shilajit may have a positive impact on testosterone levels, but more research is required to establish conclusive evidence.
Are there any side effects of Shilajit?
When taken in recommended doses, Shilajit is generally considered safe. However, it’s advisable to consult with a healthcare professional, especially if you have underlying health conditions.
Is Shilajit suitable for everyone?
While generally safe, pregnant or nursing women, individuals with certain medical conditions, and those taking specific medications should consult with a healthcare provider before using Shilajit.
How should one choose high-quality Shilajit?
Look for Shilajit sourced from reputable suppliers. Quality products should be purified, free from contaminants, and come with transparent information about their source.
Can Shilajit help with chronic fatigue?
Some users claim improved energy levels with Shilajit, but scientific evidence on its effectiveness in treating chronic fatigue is limited.
How long does it take to experience the effects of Shilajit?
The onset of effects can vary among individuals. Some may notice changes in energy levels relatively quickly, while others may require more time.
Can Shilajit aid in the management of diabetes?
Some studies suggest that Shilajit may have potential benefits for diabetes management, but more research is needed to confirm its efficacy.
Is Shilajit a natural remedy for arthritis?
There is limited evidence suggesting that Shilajit may have anti-inflammatory properties, but it’s not a substitute for conventional arthritis treatments.
Can Shilajit be used for skincare?
Some people use Shilajit topically for skincare, believing it can promote skin health. However, individual responses may vary, and more research is needed in this area.
Does Shilajit have a specific taste or smell?
Shilajit has a strong, earthy taste and aroma. Some may find it slightly bitter or resinous.
Can Shilajit be taken with other supplements or medications?
It’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional before combining Shilajit with other supplements or medications to avoid potential interactions.